Saturday, 25 August 2012

Week 2

Today was my first day on week 2 of the training schedule, last week it was 60 seconds of running followed by 90 seconds walking. This week that increased to 90 seconds running and 2 mins walking.

I decided to go up to sherdly park for a bit of a change and new environment, it was a good day for it as it was cloudy and not to warm.

I set off with enthusiasm and the first run went well but by the second run I was flagging, it was hard work. Now I know for anyone out there who runs miles at a time you must be thinking this is laughable, I mean 90 seconds how hard can it be! but for me as a newbie and substantially overweight it was not easy at all.

In the half an hour session I only managed to complete two full 90 second runs, the others I cut short by ten seconds or so which was really disappointing, I suppose I need to get this into my head that it wont be easy. I am dragging alot of weight around on a body that isn't used to doing much activity at all.

At the beginning I completed all of my warm up and stretches but my calfs still hurt like hell and I was out of breath looking like a big red tomato. It didn't help that there were so many people around and I felt really self conscious either.

Hopefully the second run on Monday will be a little bit more fruitful, I will stick with it though. I am determined to do this, even if I have to go back and do week one again. I will get to that 5k run stage if it kills me.

My new healthy eating regime is going well and I have not yet splurged out or cheated at all, every time I think about grabbing chocolate or crisps I close my eyes and visualise myself climbing up those stairs to McCraigs Folly.

I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment